Marcin Bronikowski was born in Warsaw and studied at the K. Szymanowski College of Music, in trumpet class. Between 1987-1992 he studied at the Bulgarian Academy of Music in Sofia in the opera singing class of Professor Rusko Ruskov (1934-2015). He finished the Academy with the highest distinction and the tittle Master of Arts. Later, he continued the studies at the Accademia Rossiniana in Pésaro with Maestro Alberto Zedda and with Maestro Carlo Bergonzi at Teatro alla Scala in Milan.
Marcin Bronikowski is a laureat of many competitions and a holder of important prizes. His awards list you can find here.
His first professional opera appearance was in April 1992 as Figaro in Rossini’s “Il barbiere di Siviglia” on the stage of the Bulgarian National Opera & Ballet Theater in Sofia.
During his over 25 years careere, Marcin Bronikowski sang on the stages of many important theaters all over the word, such as:
- LONDON (Royal Opera House “COVENT GARDEN”)
- MILAN (TEATRO ALLA SCALA)
- NICE (Opera de Nice)
- STRASSBOURG (Opera du Rhin)
- CAPE TOWN (Nico Opera House)
- ATHENS (Greek National Opera)
- TEL AVIV (New Israeli Opera)
- BILBAO (Palacio Euskalduna, Teatro Arriaga)
- SAN SEBASTIAN (Teatro Victoria Eugenia – “Quincena Musical”)
- MALAGA (Teatro Cervantes)
- PAMPLONA (Teatro Gayarre)
- PALMA DE MALLORCA (Teatro Principal)
- MENORCA (Teatro Principal de Mahon)
- SANTA CRUZ DE TENERIFE (Auditorio)
- OVIEDO (Teatro Campoamor)
- MADRID (Auditorio Nacional)
- TRIESTE (Teatro Giuseppe Verdi)
- VENEZIA (Gran Teatro LA FENICE)
- BERLIN (Deutsche Oper)
- MÜNICH (Bayerische Staatsoper)
- STUTTGART (Württembergische Staatstheater)
- FRANKFURT (Oper)
- HAMBURG (Staatsoper)
- DRESDEN (Semperoper)
- LEIPZIG (Oper)
- SALZBURG (Landestheater)
- SHANGHAI (Opera House)
- HONG KONG (Opera House)
- ADELAIDE (State Opera of South Australia)
- AUCKLAND & WELLINGTON (New Zealand Opera)
- BUENOS AIRES (Teatro Argentino de la Plata)
- GLASGOW & EDINBURGH (Scottish Opera)
- LEEDS, MANCHESTER, NEWCASTLE & NOTTINGHAM (Opera North)
- BELFAST (North Ireland Opera)
- MOSCOW (Teatro Bolshoi)
- WARSAW (Polish National Opera)
- CRACOW (Opera)
- POZNAŃ (Grand Theater)
- GDAŃSK (Baltic Opera)
- ŁÓDŹ (Grand Theater)
- BREGENZ FESTIVAL
- MACAU FESTIVAL
- AMAZONAS FESTIVAL, MANAUS (Brasil)
- FESTIVAL DELLA VALLE D’ITRIA, Martina Franca
- SCHLEZWIG-HOLSTEIN MUSIK FESTIVAL
- VARNA SUMMER FESTIVAL
- PLOVDIV OPEN OPERA FESTIVAL
- BIRGITTA FESTIVAL, Tallinn (Estonia)
- ISRAELI OPERA FESTIVAL, Masada and many others.
Marcin Bronikowski sang with JOSÉ CARRERAS, EDITA GRUBEROVA, ANDREA BOCELLI, DENYCE GRAVES, SONIA GANASSI, MIRIAM GAUCI, LEONTINA VADUVA, EWA PODLEŚ, SIMONE ALAIMO, FABIO ARMILIATO, WILIAM MATTEUZZI, JUAN DIEGO FLOREZ, ROLANDO VILLAZON, JOSEPH CALLEJA, RAUL GIMENEZ, MARCELLO GIORDANI, MICHELE PERTUSI, JEVGENI NESTERENKO; under the baton of LORIN MAAZEL, MICHEL PLASSON, MARCELLO VIOTTI, DANIEL OREN, CARLO RIZZI, CARLO FRANCI, FABRIZIO CARMINATI, GIULIANO CARELLA, RENATO PALUMBO, RICO SACCANI, RALF WEIKERT, MARCO GUIDARINI, GERD ALBRECHT, ROBERTO RIZZI BRIGNOLI, FRIEDRICH HAIDER, MARC ELDER, JAMES BROOKS-BRUZZESE and in the productions of DARIO FO, CARLOS SAURA, JEROME SAVARY, JEAN PIERE PONELLE, GIANCARLO DEL MONACO, JOHN COX, RICHARD JONES, EMILIO SAGI, PIERO FAGGIONI, OTTO SCHENK, NICOLAS JOËL, MARIUSZ TRELIŃSKI, MICHAŁ ZNANIECKI, MOSHE LEISER & PATRICE CAURIER and others.
Marcin Bronikowski appears frequently in concerts. Engagements have included concerts with the Israel Symphony Orchestra, Warsaw National Philharmonic Orchestra, Polish Radio & TV Orchestra, Noordholland Philharmonisch Orkest, Spanish RTVE, Bayerischer Rundfunk, Wiener Symphoniker, MDR-Leipzig, WDR-Köln, NDR-Hanover, Finnish Tapiola Sinfonietta, Helsinki Opera House Orchestra and many others.
He has also appeared with JOSÉ CARRERAS in Warsaw for 50-anniversary of UNICEF as well as in Opera Galas at the Accademia Navale – Livorno, Teatro Monumental – Madrid, Milan (organized by Teatro alla Scala), San Marco Basilic in Venezia, Kölner Philharmonie, Grosser Sendesaal in Hannover, Herkulessaal in Munich, Jerusalem Philharmonie, Florida and Ireland. He has given recitals for International Oratorio Festival “Wratislavia Cantans” in Poland as well as in Künzelsau – Germany (for 50-anniversary of WÜRTH Company), Schubert Festival -Warsaw, Teatro Bolshoi – Moscow (Beethoven Hall), National Concert Hall – Dublin, Kangasniemi Festival – Finland, Sellosali – Espoo, etc.
Marcin Bronikowski is a laureate of Honorary Ace 1996 for his artistic achievements and Honorary Pearl 2010, given to him by the President of European Parlament, Ex-Prime Minister of the Republic of Poland Mr. Jerzy Buzek for “the promotion of Polish Music in the world’s greatest opera stages”.
He fluently speaks English, Italian, Spanish, French, Bulgarian and Russian langauges.